Friday, January 21, 2011

My Humble Advice

If there is one thing I’ve learned from being a mom, it is that all babies are different and what works for one will not always work fo the next. Which is why I don’t like to preach advice or advocate a no fail product. However as my 3rd year of baby raising nears an end there are a few things that I feel compelled to pass on to new mothers, experienced mothers, or even people who think they may someday want to be a mother:
I do not consider myself an expert at anything, but this advice is universal.

1. You are capable of more than you think you are.

2. Everything will work out

3. The missing bottle is probably either under the couch, in the toy box or in your car.

4. The only socks I’ve found that stay on are the Robeez Brand, sold at Stride Rite, often found in the clearance bin, because seriously who pays $12 for 4 pairs of socks.

5. Patience really is a virtue

6. That mom that is judging you, is not better than you, she just doesn’t get it

7. Don’t judge that other mom, you don’t know what she’s going through

8. That missing sock is behind your dryer, or if you have a front loader, it is in that little flap up front

9. It’s okay to make mistakes

10. Don’t freak out, see number 2.

That’s all I’ve got. Hope it helps someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment