Friday, April 30, 2010

How Does HE Do It - 4/29

I got home from work yesterday with the boys and groceries. We all get up the front steps, I open the door. The Ipod is blasting, the kitchen is spotless, Scott is vacuuming. I put down the groceries and walk back to the bedroom to change out of my work clothes. I look to the right, the nursery is straightened, I look to my left the hall bathroom is tidy, I keep going, Joey's room is clean too! Have I died and gone to heaven? I turn left into our bedroom, why is the bathroom door off the hinges? Odd, I proceed with caution toward the master bathroom. Oh my god, Scott has taken all the trim down, and we are ready to start the project we have been talking about for years!

Some back story here – approximately 4 years ago, Scott was cleaning the shower, and somehow, he managed to shatter one of the shower doors. We decided at that point that the bathroom was outdated and would need to be remodeled, so we would wait to replace that door until we go to re-doing the whole bathroom. Then, two years ago, we updated our radiator heat to a furnace. We decided at the time that we would not put the heat vent into the bathroom until we remodeled, I mean we would certainly get to that project soon, right. So, for 4 years now, I have been showering in a shower with just one shower door, and for 2 years now I have been doing so in the freezing cold. But, alas, my time has come! We will have a finished Master Bath! With heat! And Shower doors! We may even fix the circuit that causes the lights to go all strobe lighty when the bathroom steams up. I am thrilled!

Seriously, how does he do it?

Here are some before pics! Can't wait to share the progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment