Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Leah's Surgery - Part One

I am sitting in the waiting room at Milwaukee Childrens Hospital eating a Cousins sub. Leah is back behind those double doors, somewhere, being put under, being operated on. It is so scary to think about, yet I am remarkably calm. I am confident that nothing will go wrong, and my little angel will pull through this like the little warrior she is.

We got up at 5:45. She was not allowed to have any formula today, only water with apple juice, and that only until 7:30. The procedure was scheduled for 11:30 and we arrived 10:30. This morning was rough, but not unbearable, there were moments when she was so hungry she was beyond comforting, but she would fall asleep and accept that her cries were going unanswered. This was the hardest part for me. You want to comfort your child when they are sad, and when you can't it is simply heartbreaking.

So, here I sit…and wait. I guess, I'll have more to report later but for now, that’s all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment