Saturday, October 2, 2010

Last Weekend - Football Game

Weekend Update 8/25-8/26

Okay - I know this is a bit old, but my work has decided that blogging is not a productive use of my time and has blocked the site, so, I guess I'll hae to find something new to do with my lunch hour. Anyway, I am going to try to keep up anyway, but bear with me as I get used to updating at nights and weekends.

We had another action packed fun filled weekend. Friday night, Scott's cousin Mark came to town, so at around 7:30, I brought the kids over to my parents house and they had a sleep over. Scott, Mark and I went out for some pizza and a couple beers. I went home early – because apparently I can no longer hang. I was in bed by around 11. Up and at my parents house at about 8:15. Kids had pancakes and cantaloupe for breakfast.

Maybe I haven't shared this piece of cuteness with you before, but if you ask Joey what he wants for breakfast, he will 100% of the time respond with "pancake". Now that is cute and all, but the real kicker is that if you ask him what he wants for lunch or dinner he will also respond "pancake". And if you ask him what he had for breakfast, lunch or dinner on any given day, he will also respond "pancake". If you tell him that he did not in fact have a pancake, he tilts his head and says "hot dog?" It's pretty adorable.

Anyway, Saturday, Scott's cousin's son is a good high school football player. I think he is a senior, maybe a junior. Anyhow, we try to catch a few of his games each year. This past Saturday they were playing about 45 minutes away, so we packed the kids and made the voyage out to the football field. To be honest, I was dreading this, but it was actually a lot of fun. I took tons of pictures, here are a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Joey and Ty's favorite part of the game were the Choo Choo's that kept coming by:

Photobucket

The Ride Home:

Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we were both exhausted so we order Thai food and went to bed really early.

Okay - I leave you with this Rolling Stone article. I really enjoyed it.

Rolling Stones Article Tea and Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment