Monday, June 7, 2010

All by myself....

Blackhawks!!

In case you aren't a hockey fan, I should tell you that the Blackhawks are currently playing in the Stanley Cup Finals and are one win away from bringing it home! Hockey playoffs go on forever and Scott, his family and our neighbors are all big hockey fans. Well, with the exception of me, I am a hockey tolerator. Meaning that I do watch pretty much every game, but it's mostly background noise for me as I fold laundry, cook, or clean. And lately, that cooking and cleaning has all revolved around hockey games. We have now officially hosted game night at our house every other night dating back about 3 weeks, which is partly why I have not been keeping up on here. Too busy having parties. And man, it is really starting to catch up with me. I am beat. I'm actually a little sick too, woke up today with a vicious cold. Actually I didn't wake up with it, I had it all night. I know this because I got nudged, yelled at and pushed several times throughout the night due to my very loud congested snoring. Thanks honey.

Lucky for me though, today I am leaving! Yep, I get an all expense paid vacation to lovely Baltimore Maryland courtesy of my employer. My job requires travel. Not every week or anything, but generally at least once every couple months I jet off to exotic locations like Baltimore or Omaha. These fabulous getaways usually include hotel stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and the use of a compact rental car that barely fits my suitcase in the trunk. And they come with the expectation that since you have no family obligations, working 12 hr days should be no biggie at all.

While I'm off in Baltimore, Scott is left to watch all three kids. Yikes, poor guy. He's in for a rough couple days. Leah still doesn't sleep through the night. Like not even close. She gets up usually at midnight, 3 am and then again around 5:30. Usually, Scott and I switch off feedings, so on Monday, I would take the 1st feeding, Scott the 2nd, then I'd do the 5:30, Then on Tuesday, Scott would go first and I'd go second and then he'd get the early morning. So, it's not to bad, but with me gone, Scott will be doing all those feedings. And, while watching the kids is hard work, it will be compounded by the fact that he will be doing it on limited sleep. But, he has lots of people offering to help him out and it's only three nights, so he will survive.

Anyway, I have some great pictures and recipes to share, but I left the memory card at home and now I'll be gone until Thursday, so you'll just have to check back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment