Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ridiculous....

Ridiculous. A long weekend full of parties and events and I took one picture all weekend. And it was of taco dip. So here ya go, this is one of two 7 layer dips that Scott and I made over the weekend. One for the party Scott hosted at our house Saturday night for the Hawks game and one that I took to the Memorial Day BBQ at my parents house this weekend.



In case you want the recipe

Layer:
1 can refried beans
1 cup sour cream ½ cup mayo and taco seasoning (mixed together)
1 package guacamole
Shredded cheese
Tomato
Black Olives
Green Onion

And as my photography amply reflects, my diet did not take a very high priority over the holiday weekend.

As I cleaned my house on Friday, I had a major realization. I miss having a cleaning lady. I had one, back when I was pregnant with Joey and I thought that being pregnant was about the most tiring thing ever. Then I had Joey and realized that clearly, having a baby is the most tiring thing ever. Then I got pregnant again and was like whoa – being pregnant and having a baby MUST be the most tiring thing ever. Then, I got pregnant again and was like Oh my God – Being pregnant, having a toddler and a baby – is absolutely the most tiring thing ever – and it really was. That was actually harder I think than having the three kids, but anyway, I guess my point is that I find it ironic that my need for a cleaning lady has increased exponentially as my ability to afford one has decreased. But, we did manage to get the house cleaned, and we even squeezed in a trip to the park that night.

Here were the major events of the weekend:

Friday- Cleaning and family trip to the park

Saturday – Scott – golf outing followed by party at our house for Blackhawks Game. Tara- road trip to Green Lake with Leah and my Mom to help plan my cousins wedding shower. Joey and Tyler – spend the afternoon with Aunt Mimi and Uncle Chris.

Sunday – Scott is off to the Cubs game followed by Belmont Streetfest. Tara is headed to a BBQ with family at the parents house

Monday – Family trip to the mall, lunch at my parents house, then party at our house for the Blackhawks game.

I am beyond exhausted today.

Scott did manage to snap this shot of Leah and I on the couch last night - at the end of it all. We were both spent. But what a fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I use this same recipes for bean dip and everyone loves it. Between the beans and the sour cream, I use the Lawreys Taco Seasoning. Everytime we have people over, it is the first thing to be gone.

    ReplyDelete