Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just Another Day 6/15

This morning I woke up at 5:15. Well, I should say that Leah work up at 5:15 and I begrudgingly obliged. Anyway, it was a blessing in disguise because today is the first day that Scott's cousin is coming to our house to baby sit. She will be helping us out all summer. And my house is a total mess. So, I got to it. Empty the dishwasher, fill from last night, sweep the floors, clear the counters, put away the toys, fold some laundry, wipe down the bathroom, straighten Leah's room, vacuum the rug, change the changing pad cover, put away the laundry, and clean all the bottles and sippies. Yes, I did all this before 6:30 am, when the boys wake up. So, I change their diapers and send them off to the living room, turn on Disney's playhouse and hit the shower. Hilary gets to the house at 7:25, we go over all the important information. How to use the remote, what to make for lunch, where to find the diapers, wipes, how to mix formula. Finally I take a deep breath and head off to work I hope I covered everything, I hope the boys behave, I hope Hilary can handle it. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Work went by fast, I have a lot to do. I put on my headphones and cranked it out. I stayed until almost 5 o'clock. Scott was not happy, but I am glad to finally have the flexibility to put in the hours I need to. I am however beyond annoyed with this intern situation and wish I had not signed up for it. I swear she is at my desk every two seconds with questions and sorry but I don't see the value in training someone who is only around for eight weeks. Not to mention that I asked my boss for to have her report to me so that I could get some direct management experience and he went ahead and did all the paperwork to have her basically reporting to a different BA – we are "sharing" her but all the HR and IT info is going to him. So, I am not getting the management experience, only a PITA intern bugging me all day. Not cool.

Vent over. Tonight, I am making chicken nachos and watching the Bachelorette. That's it, oh well not really, I am sure I will be doing laundry and playing with kids too.

UPDATED - Chicken Nachos Pic and Recipe:
Grill the chicken then cut it in cubes
Layer in pan Chips, Refried Beans, Chicken and Cheese



Bake until Melty
Scoop into bowls top with: Lettuce, Tomatoe, Black Olive, Sour Cream and Jalapenos. I would usually use green onion too but we were out.

No comments:

Post a Comment