Friday, June 25, 2010

Weekend Update 6/18-6/19

So, it turns out that being a "blogger" is way more time consuming than I ever imagined. I still am enjoying sharing my story, but, geez, there is no way I can keep the pace of writing that I had going before.


Last weekend was so much fun! The carnival was in town for our towns annual festival. Saturday morning we got up early as always. Scott FINALLY decided to finish tiling the bathroom. Yes, recall that bathroom project I used to post about, well, it stalled. But we are back in action. The floor is tiled and we are getting ready to grout. I made the boys breakfast. Cheddar Cheesy Eggs and toast. Threw in some laundry and cleaned up the house soom. The we walked downtown to the parade. Joey had so much fun grabbing the candy and running around. Ty had his first sucker. It was great.







After the parade we headed home, grabbed a quick lunch then we were off again – this time to my nephews little league game. It is the playoffs. The boys ran around at the field – had a great time – Casey's team won. I can't wait for the boys to start little league.





We got home at around 3:30, the boys were beat. I put them down for naps, but Ty wasn't having it, so he stayed up. Scott went to mow the yard. Ty and I played. When Joey got up we packed up again, this time to go to the actual festival. We were thinking that Joey may be old enough this year for the rides. He wasn't, but there was this huge slide there that he loved going down. We hung out downtown for a couple hours, had some funnel cake and then decided to head home. Scott and I were displeased. We wanted to go to the beer garden. We saw our childless, single friends in there drinking beer, socializing and it seemed fun. So, we started making calls – who can sit at our house while our kids sleep? I try my parents first, but they are having a night out, so I go knock on the neighbors door. Hello, would you please come sit at my house while my husband and I go to the beer garden – thank you.

It worked out great! Everyone was in bed. Scott and I went out – we had a blast.

Sunday didn't work out so great- we were tired. But we headed to my parents for Fathers Day breakfast, then to Scott's family's house for Fathers Day Cookout. In our tired state, we decieded it a great idea not to dress the kids for the Father's Day Cookout, we were running late, so we could just dress them when we get there, right. I packed the clothes and put them on the counter, where they stayed, as we pulled out of the driveway. We, got there only to realize that our children were without clothes. This is highly embarrassing. I mean, I forget things from time to time, no bottle in the diaper bag, oops, stop at Walgreens, no water for the formula, oops stop at a gas station, but to show up at someone's house with three kids wearing nothing but diapers, well there is just no excuse for that. My in laws were cool about it, meaning no one lectured me or wagged their finger at me. So, oh well, life goes on.

That night the highlight of the evening was finding a toad in the kid's swimming pool this was tons of fun for the boys.








And that was that – we survived another weekend. And I posted about it just in time to start another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment