Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm going home 6/10

This morning I woke up in my hotel room and got ready all alone and thought, well this has been nice, but I can't wait to get home! I miss my little monsters so much. I can't wait to give them a hundred hugs and kisses. So, I got ready, packed my bags and headed into the office. Today I have a meeting scheduled to review some miscellaneous processes. I have gotten tons done in the last couple days and I am feeling good about reaching my month end goals. In a few minutes I head to an all department meeting for an hour and a half and then I get to head to the airport. I already know that I have been assigned seat 22F – way in the back as always. Boo!

The plane ride is miserable, I have a cold that has turned into a sinus problem, probably an infection, but anyway, my ears hurt so bad, I thought I would cry. I did however manage to address the majority of my birth announcements on the plane ride, which means they will be mailed out this weekend, just a few days late of my three-month goal. I'll take it. I landed at O'hare deaf in one ear, got my bag, then I needed to track down the baggage claim office. Apparently I dropped my cell phone somewhere back on Tuesday and some good Samaritan called my mom and turned it in. Anyway, this must be my lucky day, because not only was my bag like the 5th one off the carousal, but the somewhat rude lady at the baggage claim desk managed to find my phone within 5 minutes, despite her warning that there were over 100 phones back there and my chances were not good. I take the train to long term parking and am on my way home! Won't be long now until I get to see my babies. Again, I get lucky because there is no traffic at all and I make it home with in 45 minutes.

Joey greets me at the door – big smile on his face. He leads me back to his bedroom where I find Scott on the floor with Tyler. They are playing with the Legos. Tyler goes nuts when he sees me. Jumps to his feet and wobbles over to me. He looks older. I know it's only been 3 days, but he just looks older. I give Tyler lots of hugs then head out to the living room. Leah is in her swing. I pick her up, she is smiling. She is soaked and poopy and has spit up all over her shirt, but I restrain from lecturing Scott, he's had a rough couple days. I take her to the nursery, get her changed, she smiles the whole time. I take her out to the couch and we lay there, she is starting to hold her head up and cooing a little. She looks like she wants to laugh, but can't figure out how. It won't be long though.

We make ravioli for the boys, play, get pjs on and have an overall easy night. While I was gone, I tasked my mom with buying us a third crib. We had planned on moving Joey to a toddler bed, Ty to Joey's crib and putting Leah in the nursery, but Joey is not ready for the big boy bed and Leah is getting to big for sleeping in bassinets, car seats, and swings, so we bit the bullet. We are officially a three-crib family. And Ty and Joe are officially roommates. Crazy. Well, it's good to be home. Can't wait for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment