Friday, May 28, 2010

Suddenly Loving Hillary Clinton

I was an Obama supporter last year during the primaries. He is from Illinois and the majority of local stations supported him here. I heard a great deal about his progressive ideas and thought he seemed like a real breath of fresh air. Also, while I'm ashamed to admit this because it is so anti feminist, I was concerned that Hillary Clinton in office could equal a repeat of the prior Clinton administration that touted deregulation and played such a strong had in the current economic crisis. I don't think I ever gave her a chance. She seemed to me to be frigid and even elitist. Today I read this article on CNN.com

Clinton: Rich Aren't Paying Fair Share

And I am suddenly a huge Hillary Clinton fan. This is just the type of thing that I wish our president would stand up and say. But, he can't he has to worry about re-election and a president that says very rich people should pay more taxes might as well pack his bags now. Lucky for Hillary, her position does not leave her vulnerable to be ousted by angry billionaires and their now human corporations.

As you probably know, the supreme court recently ruled that the Corporations are people which allows them to contribute to political campaigns. So basically, very rich people who steer corporations, can now influence political races using corporate dollars. I only wonder if campaign contributions will be considered taxable income or if that will now be able to go on the books as an operating expense. Anyway, I digress. I think it is appalling on all levels.

And now that I have written it all out, it is clear to me that if Clinton were president she probably would not have even been able to express what she did, despite it being a brilliant view point, because then she would be the one at risk of being railroaded out of town by the very wealthy come 2012. Ugh, it is all so discouraging. We need campaign finance reform right now. Is that at least something that we can all agree on? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment