Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Garage Sale Success!

It's official, I am the goddess of garage sales. Scott and I kicked off our garage sale extravaganza on Friday morning. Our official start time was supposed to be 8, but we had people there as early as 6:30.

The garage sale was a HUGE success. We made some good money and are no longer in contention to be featured on next weeks episode of Hoarders. Not to mention that it was tons of fun. We laughed and chased the kids around and drank beer. It was all together a great couple of days. And, it couldn't have come at a better time because we are just weeks away from our vacation and I need new tires.

Garage Sale, a Photo Essay

Day 1:
Photobucket

Day 2:
Photobucket

The End:
Photobucket

Sunday, we had an action packed day, we had to make up time, since we lost our Saturday. So we got up extra early and cleaned the house. Then, when the boys woke up, we pack up and go out to breakfast. The boys are pretty good dining out. Joey was a little impatient though, so it was a quick meal. After that we head to Target to return a box of diapers that had been tampered with. I had bought it on Thursday night, and when I opened it, instead of size 2 diapers I found a mish mosh of pull ups and swim diapers. Strange the lengths people will go to just to save a buck.

After that we need to go grocery shopping for the week, but the store doesn't open until 10 and it was only 9:15, so we went to the park for a while and then drove around Diamond Lake looking for our dream house. We found it, but unfortunately, it was about three hundred thousand dollars out of our price range. Oh well. I guess we stay where we are for now.

Finally we go to the store, shop, pack the car and head home. Ty takes a nap. Leah, Joey , Scott and I go down to the garage to clean up the mess from the sale. We create piles to donate, piles to sell on craigslist, and a pile of things to keep. Around noon, Ty wakes up. I whip up my specialty, Macaroni and Cheese al dente with chicken nuggets. They feast, while Scott and I pack a bag.

Next stop – pool. We drop off Leah with my parents and take the boys to the pool. They last about 1 hour before it became quite apparent that naps were in order, so we head back home, everyone goes down, Scott and I sit down, relax for about 2 minutes and then I head out to the other grocery store, where I like to get my lunch stuff. Scott stays back with the kids and starts getting ready for the evening. Scott is having dinner at a friend's house; I am taking the kids to my parents.

Kids are woken from their naps early by random devil stranger that I irrationally want to stab with a fork. Guy rings our doorbell twice to find out if we sold our xbox yesterday, and if not would we take $100 for it. Uh, no, we told you no yesterday, and the price is still $200 today. Go away please. So now, it is 4:30, kids are up. We get them dressed and ready to go. Pack the car and hit the road.

Dinner with my parents was great. Everyone was so well behaved. Joey loves his sandbox over there. We had a very pleasant evening. Around 8:30, I pack my sleepheads up and get home. Ty goes straight to bed. Joey and Leah stay up until around 9:30 when Joey goes into a major meltdown because I won't let him eat toothpaste out of the tube. He is hysterical. Beyond consolation. He sobs himself to sleep on my shoulder.

Scott gets home around 9:30, we are all in bed by 10. It was a long weekend.

Your Joey, Ty, and Leah fix:

Joey upon finding out that his winter coat is for sale:
Photobucket

Leah convincing us not to sell the slant seat:
Photobucket

Tyler convincing us that we need to resurface and paint our front steps. Ick.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow - congrats! I'm looking forward to the day when I can unload a bunch of stuff!

    ReplyDelete