Monday, May 24, 2010

Hockey, Hoops and Hot Weather Fun

Well, we survived another weekend. Here's how it went down:

Friday, I was picking up the boys at Patty's, and she had some music on. Joey, ran in and started dancing, so I busted out some moves too and ended up with some crazy neck injury that had me laid up for the rest of the night. We had plans to eat with my parents, which was actually a godsend because I couldn't lift the kids, I could barely walk. I called my mom and she came over right away to help with the kids. My Dad came over after work. We just made a low key dinner, grilled chicken, camper potatoes and corn on the cob. The corn was delicious. It's finally starting to feel like summer! The boys were shooting hoops out on the patio, it was so cute.



I spent most of the evening laid up on the couch while Scott, my mom, and dad cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids, it was actually kind of nice – excluding the horrifying pain. I took some magical pills and woke up all better.

Saturday morning we went to a local farmers market. The boys rode in the wagon and I carried Leah in a sling. We got some beautiful asparagus, squash and zucchini. I also bought some tomatoes and some swiss cheese.





My Buys!



After the farmers market, we went to this big used car sale that they were having in town. We are in the market for * gasp * a MINIVAN. Yep, you heard me right, it's time for us to bite the bullet and buy my very own family truck-ster. I never thought the day would come. We checked out the Honda Odyssey, Acura MDX, Buick Rendezvous, Chrystler Town and Country. Buying a new car used to be so exciting. But I left the used car sale thinking, eh, I don't really care which one we get, they're all minivans. Whatever.

After the car sale, we headed home, made lunch for the kids and got everyone down for naps. While the kids were sleeping, we cleaned the house, washed the dogs and got ready for what may be the best, most fun night I've had since Leah was born.

Okay, so Wednesday was our anniversary. Three years we've been married. Yes, you heard me right. Three years. I know what you must be thinking – and you can go ahead and turn off the mini calculator in your head, I'm happy to break it down for you:



So, my parents offered to babysit for us on Saturday night. And not just for a couple hours, all night, straight through to the morning. All three kids. I am beyond excited about this. So, while my parents came to the table with this generous offer, Scott's parents provided us with $100 gift card to Morton's Steakhouse. Now, if you have never been to a Morton's, or never heard of it, I should tell you that this is a big deal. It's basically THE steakhouse. And we had reservations at 6:30.

Holy crap, this was the best dinner. We both got the wedge salad with the house blue cheese, I had a single cut filet and crab cake, Scott had a Ribeye with bacon wrapped scallops, we split asparagus and sautéed mushrooms. For desert he ordered the hot chocolate fudge cake, I got the keylime pie and we split a bottle of Estancia Pinot Noir. It was heavenly.

After we were done at Morton's we went to the bar were we first met and a drink there. Then we went to our favorite local bar and played the Bowling arcade game for a while. We got home around midnight and slept straight through all the way until 8:30 the next morning.

Sunday, we went to pick up the kids and headed straight to Target. It was supposed to be close to 90 degrees and Scott was dead set on getting the kids a slip and slide. We ended up with a fun sprinkler hose attachment and a slip and slide. Neither of which were a huge hit. I guess they maybe aren't old enough yet. I did put on my swimsuit though and play outside with the little guys, we had a lot of fun.




At 2:00 Scott's uncle and cousin came over for the hawks game, we made Italian Beef sandwiches and watched as the Blackhawk's swept the San Jose sharks to proceed to the Final round of the Stanley Cup Play Offs. So exciting. Scott wants to start Joey in skating lessons this year. But I just checked and our local ice center doesn't offer lessons until age 3, so I guess I get one more year before my husband straps sharp blades on my baby's feet and throws him onto a slippery surface. Thank god.

After the game, we pack up again and head out for some ice cream. When we get home Scott decides that the cars need washing, so we all wash the cars. Joey has a blast helping.



Halfway through washing the second car, Tyler gets bored and starts making a game of running toward the street. This gets old fast, so I bring him in and put him to bed, feed Leah a bottle. Scott and Joey come in a little later, we put him down, then clean the house and head to bed ourselves. It was a long, fun-filled weekend.

I am still brewing over my versatile blogger award too, so more to come there!

No comments:

Post a Comment