Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

All I asked for this year for Mother's Day was one solid night sleep with no interruptions. But, Leah had other plans all together. She was very congested on Saturday night and as a result, she was fussy and restless. Scott stayed on the couch with her, and was a sport. He did not wake me at all despite her crying which, I laid in bed listening to. I tried really hard to ignore it and take advantage of my one night, but by 3 am, I couldn't take it anymore. I felt guilty that Scott was not sleeping and sad that Leah was so uncomfortable. I needed to put on my Mommy hat and give a hand. I guess I'll sleep some other night. I got the saline drops and ball syringe and went to work. Then I told Scott to go to bed, I stayed up, fed Leah a bottle and then I rocked her to sleep. We all slept for a couple hours, and then the day began.

First order of business, breakfast with my parents. And wow, this was GOOD! My mom made an egg casserole dish with cheese, mushroom, scallions, and ham. It was fabulous. There was bacon, fresh fruit, hash browns and coffee cake from the Lovin' Oven Bakery courtesy of my Grandma. We feasted and it was fabulous.

I bought my Mom this adorable flower planter. I can't wait for it to bloom.



After breakfast we played out on the swing set. It's actually a nice day. We had thought it was going to be cold.

From there, we headed to Scott's sister's house for some qt with the in-laws. They were making a beef tenderloin with grilled mushrooms and onions. Also delicious. We spent about 3 hours over there. It was a nice visit, uneventful.

And, from there, we head back to my parents house where they are finishing up the extended family dinner for my Grandma. We are just coming for desert – Hot Fudge Sundaes from Culvers.

I don't have pictures from today. After I had Scott take this picture in the morning of my me, my mom, my grandma and little Leah – I decided that the camera may need to go missing until I can lose some of this weight.



Note to self – today's meal plan is not doing you any favors!

No comments:

Post a Comment