Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Day in the Life 5/1

Wow, weekend days are l - o - n - g, I'll have to spare you a novel, and try to just hit the high points.

We got up at about 7:30 to Joey in his crib babbling "Da-da" Joey says Dada with the accent on the second "da". So "da-DA". Just one of the 18 million adorable things that make him my little man. First order of business, go pick up Tyler. We pack up Joey and Leah and head to my parents house. On the way we uncover that Joey has a bad cough. Upon arrival we learn that Tyler also has a bad cough. I start thinking that today is going to be a bad day. We visit for a few minutes, then head home. Scott has some things he wants to get done on the bathroom, so he heads back there to work, I start making Joey some breakfast. Fried Eggs, Toast and pineapple.



Today we are going to my nieces First Communion celebration. That means that we all have to be bathed, and looking presentable at a restaurant at 1:30pm. The restaurant is 40 minutes away, but Scott insists that we need to leave the house at 12:30. At 10:45 we start getting ready. We don't have any clothes prepared, so I throw a pair of dress pants for me and one for Scott into dryer on Steamcare to freshen them up and get the wrinkles out. I jump in the shower, but before I do I take a look at my closet to find a shirt. I see a dress that I recall wearing last year after Tyler was born. Hmmm. Maybe that would look nice. As I'm showering, Scott walks in the bathroom, recall there is no door due to our renovations. I ask him, do you think I should wear that dress? It's laid out on the bed. He responds, and this is good:

Do you think you are ready for a dress?

WTF? Basically, what he is thinking is:

Ain't no way yo fat ass is gonna look good in any damn dress.

Okay, I get it, pants it is. I get dressed, Scott is bathing the kids, he's done with Leah, I get her dressed, He's done with Tyler, I take him, get him dressed, Joey's done, Scott takes him and gets him dressed, I go to dry my hair. Scott has already packed the diaper bag, except the bottles, they are all dirty, I take to the sink to wash bottles. I'ts only 11:30, we're in good shape, an hour til go time. Scott sits down to play Wii, I start folding laundry, doing dishes, general housework, the kids are all content.

12:00 – Scott still hasn't showered, I'm getting a little annoyed by the whole video game playing and start getting a bit crabby. 12:10, still no shower, 12:15, I guess nows the time to get ready. He heads back to the bathroom, I start putting shoes and socks on the kids, getting Leah buckled in. Scott comes out dressed, we are ready to go, pack the car. 12:35 we are on our way.

We make it about 1 mile, Scott forgot to trim his fingernails, which apparently is a big deal, so we stop at Walgreens for clippers. I'm annoyed but, since I know we left way early, no big deal. I run in.

We get to the restaurant at 1:20, we are among the first to arrive. Scott settles in a table with Joey and Tyler. I go to get Leah a bottle. Crap! No bottles, I totally forgot to put a bottle in the bag. Off to the nearest Walgreens for a bottle. I take Leah, Scott stays at the restaurant with the boys.

$12.00 later, tragedy averted.

The event goes well. Leah sleeps most of the time, Ty is happy in his high chair eating cucumbers or coloring. And I am walking around with Joey.







I am beyond shocked at how good they are considering they are both missing their naps.

We get home at 4:30, no hope for naps, but the boys did sleep in the car, so that should do. We go outside to play. Our neighbors are out too, I head over to say hi and we decide to do an impromptu bbq for the Hawks game at our house. They agree to get the food if we agree to cook it at our house. Done. Suzanne heads to the store and we get ready to have company. Scott and I like to hang out outside whenever possible, so we move a TVout to the deck.




The neighbors show up right in time for the drop. Dinner is burgers and chicken on the grill, grilled vegetables and some noodle mayo based salad that I can't go any where near. I opt for chicken, no bun and vegetables.


The kids can't wait, so I whip up some mac n cheese and veggies for them.

We watch the game, Hawks lose. At 10:30 the neighbors go home and we head to bed. Fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment