Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Some mornings are just hard. Like the ones after you've been off for 3 days. This morning was stressful, and as much as I love having three kids, two dogs, a cat, a house and a husband, sometimes it just all feels like too much. And on days when it all feels like too much, it is hard to keep perspective. Take a deep breath and realize that it's just one morning, it's just 30 minutes, it's just another day.

This morning, I was trying to get to work before 8, I used to always be there by 8, but lately, since I returned to work, it's only happened a handful of times. And today would be no different.

Looking back, I shouldn't have laid into Scott for not helping me more, I should not have spent the entire ride to work fuming over 30 minutes. I should have taken a deep breath, accepted that I would have to stay a little later, and asked Scott to pick up the kids. Instead, I fought with my husband and stressed myself out over what? Thirty minutes. Not worth it. Next time, I will keep perspective and try to roll with the punches.

Balancing work and home is tricky enough with out letting the little things blow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment