Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Organized Chaos

Today Leah woke up at 4:50 am, thus I woke up at 4:50 am. I tried just about everything to get her back to sleep, but it wasn't happening so around 5:30 I gave up, made a cup of coffee and turned on Morning Joe. At 6:15, I hit the shower and Scott got up to wash bottles and pack Leah's bag for the day. After I was done getting ready I got Ty dressed, Scott is getting Joey dressed. Joey wanders out in to the living room wearing too short Illini sweatpants (orange and blue for those who don't know) A too small striped rugby and a green and grey zip up sweatshirt. What the what?? Scott is not color blind, in fact I'd say he dresses himself pretty well, so how does he find this acceptable? But, I need to pick my battles and I will save this one for another time. Like, on the way to work.

I call Scott to let him know that dressing Joey like reflects poorly on us as parents, I don't want people to think that we can't get our shit together. He responds that we don't have our shit together, so why would we need to worry about portraying that we do. Hmmm….very interesting. I actually think that under the circumstances, we do pretty well. Yeah, our kids don't get baths every day, our bedroom is a bit of a mess, but the general living areas of our house are clean, the yard is maintained, the laundry is pretty much done. I wouldn't characterize our household as a terribly unorganized one. Chaotic – yes, Unorganized – I don't think so. I guess it is what you might call organized chaos.

Anyway, I got to work before 8 am. It's a miracle. I would have been here even earlier, but in my barely awake state I somehow missed my exit. I had some meetings, got assigned some new mind numbing work to do. I swear if things don't pick up soon here, I might keel over of boredom. It's really bad.

I leave at 4:00. Tonight is our first night of one on one time and Scott is going to take Joey over to his uncle's house to watch the hockey game. But, the hockey game doesn't start until 8:30 which is Joey's bed time. I have already expressed my concerns about this, but my complaint has fallen on deaf ears, and really why should I care, it's his night. I have a hair appointment and am leaving Tyler and Leah with my parents from 6 til about 8, so I actually have the night off. This makes me very happy. I love my kids, but I also love my alone time.

I get to my Mom's at about 5:30, my appointment is at 6:15. Have I mentioned yet how tired I am. I am exhausted. We haven't had a good night sleep in so long and it's catching up with me. Anyway, I forgot the gift card that I am using to pay for my hair appointment and I also forgot pajamas for Tyler. So I head home, I feed the dogs, put on some make up. I always like wearing make up to hair appointments. I don't know why but I do. Then I get ready to head out. I grab a book to read while my hair processes. I get to the salon – are you kidding me, I forgot the stupid gift card, AGAIN. I turn around, get home, grab the gift card and make it back to the salon right on time.

My highlights come out AWESOME! I love them. I'll add a pic as soon as I get one.

8:30 – I am at my parents house to pick up the kids, Tyler is running around in his diaper, and guess what, I forgot the pajamas, AGAIN. Ugh, get him dressed in his clothes, Leah needs a bottle so I do that, then we all head home. Ty goes straight to bed. Leah and I hang out for a bit, she falls asleep around 10:00. I'm beat, so I go to bed too. Scott gets home with Joey about an hour later. Blackhawks win! Another day done.

No comments:

Post a Comment